Pursue or Pursued.By Gerry A/C 29th March 2012
His legs were pedaling with all his might, sweat beading down his forehead, dripping into his eyes, stinging and blurring his vision. He kept looking back, over his shoulder, he could not see any sign of his pursuers, but he could hear them. The rumble of wheels running over the damp stony track. The voices shouting out after him. This made his legs go even faster. His aching muscles beginning to tell. The noise of them beginning to get louder, he knew they were closing in. He could not give in, he could not slacken off. He knew he had to keep going. His breathing was very deep, he was panting hard, he felt his heart beat crashing against his rib cage. He did not know how much longer he could carry on. But he knew he must. Again he looked behind, over his shoulder and again no sign. He was quickly brought around because this minor distraction made him catch the edge of a pothole in this forest track. A silly mistake, he should know better, potholes and puddles were everywhere. The recent damp weather made them worse, they became soggy, his front wheel had caught an edge and slid, making him swerve and loose balance temporarily. Weaving along the track a few yards, legs pushing to the ground to regain his balance and momentum. Slowing slightly, panic in his eyes, because now he saw his pursuers turn the bend a few hundred yards behind him. ‘Shit, they are gaining” he cursed to himself.
A further few yards along, he was re-gaining full control of his machine, his legs pushing full momentum on the pedals again, this jolt made him more aware, as he had to gain full concentration of what was in front of him.
Standing now, full body effort now being used to overcome the long bend and raising incline, sapping all his efforts and energy. The feel he was hurting, the burning in his chest and thinking that his muscles are going to explode. He kept telling himself, ‘Cannot slow up, cannot let them catch me’ The only consolation he could think of was that those behind would be feeling the same. He hoped!
Pushing hard, speeding along the now leveled out track, dodging potholes, ducking from low over hanging branches. Weaving and dodging like a real professional. He turned another bend, the bright sun shone straight into his eyes, blinding him, he lost control and tumbled to the side of the track. ‘Shit, come on’ he shouted at himself.
He gained his composure, and quickly jump back onto his machine and headed off again. He tilted his hat, hoping it would shade his eyes, it did, but he still had to keep his head lowered.
Need not bother looking behind, he knew they were close, he knew they had gained, it was negative actions that he could no longer afford to do. Every negative movement he knew they would gain a few yards on him. But in his mind he knew they were feeling the same hurt as him. That minor accident did give time for his chest to ease a little and relaxing his breathing.
If you would like to read the concluding paragraphs, it is not too many words then please follow the link to my ‘Writing Hell‘ blog, Thank you!
My way of appreciating every one that visits me…
This little post for all my followers and who I follow and any one that stops by my sites. Both Gerry’s Space and Writing Hell. It is not much, but no matter how much I would like to I cannot send you all a gift. So I ask you please accept this as a great big THANK YOU! You are all very special people, that deserve a special thanks. The world of Blogs and posting has opened my eyes and regained my faith in people. Cyber friends you all are, please every so often pop by this post, as I will and remind myself, on low days, of why I and others are enjoying this world of Blog.
I had this little idea the other night for Jakes challenge of ‘Light‘, I took several photos of spotlights and lamps and lampshades, all at different angles, from the side, from the top, bottom. But I found a simple torch gave a far better picture and more interesting picture. Maybe not brilliant or technically great, but is mine and I think it is interesting, So here is my cute little pictures. At least to me it is.
If you want to join in the fun then follow the link to Jakes for all the info you require.
All pictures are the property of GAC/A Geelongs Pictures and Prints. No unauthorised use is allowed..Geelongs
Sorry guys but I am doing another slideshow. I found out how to do it and now it seems I cannot help myself. Seriously though, I feel that the pictures warrant a slideshow rather than just a gallery.
A very heavy sky, where the sun and other elements are battling to get THROUGH. The heavy clouded sky is winning this battle. This scene was taken one early evening, when sun was setting but these heavy dark clouds spoilt the party. Because of these party poopers I did get some good pictures from it.
As this sky passed over it did drop a fair amount of water as well as an accompaniment of thunder and lightning.All photo’s are property of GAC/A ..Geelongs Pictures and Prints.
Top Recent Commenter Award
Orples creator Marcy the person I can thank for this award. Shes has been a very loyal to my site and I consider her a friend. Her site, which I visit regularly because I enjoy her posts very much, is well worth a visit if you have not done so already.
The rules of engagement for accepting this award are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 6 bloggers who comment on your blog the most frequently and notify them of the award.You can find your Top Recent Commenters on your site stats page on the bottom, right corner.
- Nominate one more person…the 7th. This person can either be a brand new commenter on your blog, the very last comment you have received, or the one who has posted your most favorite comments Tell us why you have chosen them as your seventh.
- And answer the following questions:
- Tell us about one of your most cherished childhood memories.
- Tell us about one of your most cherished memories with your child(ren). If you do not have children, then share one of your pet(s). If you do not have pets either, then one with niece(s), nephew(s), or any combination thereof.
- Tell us one thing you have learned from one or both of your parents that has stuck with you throughout the years.
- Tell us one thing that you have taught (or intend to teach) your child(ren) that hopeful will stick with them throughout their lifetime
- Tell us about your favorite job, whether it is one you hold now or one from the past, and why you enjoy(ed) it.
- Tell us what you are doing in pursuit of achieving an attainable goal.
- Tell us about one person who had the best influence on you in your life (teacher, neighbor, friend, etc.)
My Answers to the above…
1.I have actually written about this in one of previous posting, About my mother and her violin, the day she handed it over to me. She had not played her violin for over thirty years, and she took it out of its case, tuned up the strings to normal/concert pitch then proceeded to play our National Anthem ‘God Save the Queen’.
2. Again I have made a mention of this in past posts, it was the first time we as a family went to Disney in Orlando. We were all a little overwhelmed and did not know what to expect. We passed our tickets through the machine and the lady accepted us in, walked through to the square at the end of Main Street, Magic Kingdom, my daughter, Eloise, was gone running off to meet Mickey Mouse and Daisy, who were signing autographs. The smile and look on her face is so unforgettable.
3. To try and take things as they come. Deal with what needs to be dealt with one at a time. My mum had a live and let live attitude.
4. I was brought up in the hippy days and anti-war songs etc. I was part of things like CND, (Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament) Make love not war. Y’all get the idea. It is these ideals that I try to pass on.
5. No problem here, it was when I was gigging in bands, playing my guitar. It was the enjoyment of thinking that these people were listening or dancing to our sounds.
6. I have not looked at it as attaining a goal, but recently been diagnosed diabetic, and with asthma puts me at high risk so my doctor tells me, so I am now trying to gain courage to play my music in front of people again at folk clubs I frequent.
7. Apart from my mother, my main number one influence, it would have to be a teacher, Mrs Wingate who had faith in me, where I lost a lot of schooling due to ill-health, she kept on being there and assisting.
Top Bloggers on my site are as follows..and Therefore nominees for this award are..
Orples (Marcy) is my top commenter but because she actually received the award and nominated me I will, if okay nominate two extra instead of the one. They will be at random but are worthy in their own right. I follow them and they follow me making the a worthwhile site to visit as is all nominated.. Thank you for understanding.
Is so original and inspirational with his weekly challenges, it is a pleasure to visit or receive comments.
Inside the Mind of Isadora
Very creative and sincere in her posting always a pleasure to visit.
Carol B Sessums
Another quality site, she is a person so full of joys of spring, no matter what. As she says she is a southern gal. She has adopted me as brother in her heart. and ditto to her but sister.
She not only has a top quality site as well, she has shown to be loyal and friendly to me and my site. Again I enjoy her visit as I do enjoy visiting her site. Thank you.
I like her comments and her originality on the themes she attacks. Her comment are uplifting and enlightening, making this blogging lark a joy to do. Thank you
Our own little vampire on blogging world. She also has a brill’ site well worth visiting, and another whose comments I love to read. Thank you.
I enjoy her words and pictures and her take on themes and challenges, and she has shown to be another loyal commenter to which I enjoy reading both. Thank you.
I believe all the nominees are followers of my blog so although i will leave a comment in your boxes, please consider yourselves NOMINATED.Chow for now Peeplez 2012
Unusual Number 2
This post is for all you wonderful people who would like to see some more of my efforts. They are not as good, the pictures not quite what I like to show, but it is the effort and the overall view that matters. And of course I like to oblige where I can. I am doing another slideshow because it gives a better impact and view. THANKYOU.
Please all Enjoy.
Just a few more of less quality but I hope you still enjoy,All pictures are the property of photographer GAA/C
UNUSUAL, Maybe, Maybe Not!
You Tell Me..Please!
I am not too happy about this one, so will look to do another later. I do have a couple of ideas. But I hope you all like it though.
The more I do the more I learn…
Last summer I had this idea of photographing water drops, this idea came from a television program. So one sunny day I spent hours clicking away, deleting away. (Thanks a lot for digital) Some I really like, here are a few of my favorites. Some have edited. I do intend to try and do some more water based projects. But I find it difficult, but never give up eh!
I was surprised as well as pleased to read my comments via email alerts from Ruth the Artist. Very good artist I must say and this is why I follow her Blog and posts. The link to her site would be well worth a visit. so go go go… So to you Ruth Bailey ‘Artist’ I thank you for your nomination which I gratefully accept… I would also like to thank my mother, my father……only kidding .. Ruth thanks…
The only requirements of this award is..as below.
- Thank my benefactors.
- Tell one unknown thing about me.
- Link to seven of my previous posts.
- Award seven other folks.
My benefactor is Ruth Bailey, a fabulous blogger whom I follow and well worth visiting. One thing that is unknown that I am comfortable to reveal would be since I have started this blogging my eyes have been opened wide. Realizing that there are lots of great people about and I have got some that I would like to call friends. Cyber friends maybe, but friends all the same. People we will probably never meet, but picture says a lot. And it is this that I love so much. A big thank you to all and everyone.
My Seven posts that I think worth another mention are as below, even though I do like most of my new ones.
About meeting friends from many years ago and have a jamming session at pub.
The story when my mother gave me her violin. Very moving.
My cynical view on so called celebrities.
Just love this for what it represents.
Many of you are doing the same, with your own memory. and more.
About a group of us trying to raise money for a memorium for a local character.
The blogs and friends I am nominating this award to is….
Carol B Sessums
Lady Barefoot Baroness.
11th March 201
2012 Water Dragon Weekly Sunday Post:
My participation for this wonderful post title.
My logo designs can be adapted to suit all color schemes.. Hope you enjoy the colors and contrast of my design logo’s.
Join in by following the link for details..
This photo was taken by my brother ,needless to say many years ago.
And as you can see there is such a varying contrast to them.
Whilst I was only experimenting, I must admit I do like them. Only hope ye who pops in to view likes them also.All pictures are property of Gerry Ainger/Cobb. Any use of can only be done so by permission of the said person.