10th May 2013 Friday
Super Sweet Blogger Award.
Johann at the above site has taken me by storm and love every minute of her visits. She has however got a great site worth visiting and I fully recommend it.. This lady is sure to give you a warm welcome as she has me.
So Johann thank you for this award.. But I need to tell you I am a little bit of a law breaker with the rules of awards..
The Sweet Rules for accepting this nomination are:
1. Thank the Super Sweet Blogger that nominated them
Have done so .. http://johannisthinking.com/
2. Answer five super sweet questions – Have Done
3. Include the Super Sweet Blogging award image in your blog post –Have Done
4. Nominate a baker’s dozen (13) other bloggers – See Notes below..
5. Notify your nominees on their blog – See Notes Below
My five (5) sweet responses to the delicious questions are:
1. Cookies or Cake? Cake..Lemon mostly
2. Chocolate or Vanilla? Vanilla good ole’ Cornish Dairy
3. Favorite Sweet Treat? Magnum Ice cream Lollies
4. When do you crave sweet things the most? Well being Diabetic now, most of the time.
5. Sweet Nick Name? Anything one wishes to call me.
Johann I must apologise to you for not being able to pass this award to people, I just cannot go through my followers and select 13, I have a great set of followers and do not want or cannot to choose. Any particular blog. But I will just to be a little different again I will select the followers who have been great at commenting or liking this past week. I think this might be a good idea. But probably get this wrong..
And any other followers of me that stops by and likes or comments then please consider yourself nominated. I do love all your blogs and posts.
Saturday 22nd December 2012
Nearly to the end guys and gals..
My little bit of Christmas to you all..
2006…from A Twisted Christmas Album released October 2006. not the prettiest of bands, so just listen and hope you enjoy.
2007… I cannot understand how this guy is as big as he is. But my opinion only so please enjoy anyway. This was 2007 as near as I can verify..
12th November 2012 Tuesday.
I thank Scrapydo, who nominated me for this award to which I am so grateful for. It is so exciting when another blogger enjoys my work so much to recognise it with an award. So to you Scrapydo, sorry cannot find your name, this is in recognition to you, your wonderful blog and your award to me.
People pop along to her blog and let her know you were there, You are sure of a warm welcome and a lovely blog.
Also please check my Awards and More page.
There are a few questions we are asked to answer by way of sharing a little more of who we are.
1. If you could change something what would you change?
Answer- My health problems
2. If you could relive one day, when would it be?
Answer- The day I went to London as school boy, I had my head out the coach window being travel sick. It was my only time when I left my mark on the capital.
3. What’s one thing that really scares you?
Answer- Being taken from this world before I am ready..My mother was and still trying to understand.
4. What one dream have you not completed yet and do you think you will be able to complete it?
Answer- My most recent dream is not something to be published, and yes I do think it is possible to complete. But a dream I can say is to play the guitar with Eric Clapton and as for where, I’ll leave that for Eric to decide.
5. If you could be someone else for a day, who would you be?
Answer- Richard Branson, or any other rich and wealthy person, I could see what he does and then I would learn how to siphon a million pounds from his many bank accounts and then have a happy life after, and then my unpublished dream would come true and as for Eric Clapton, I might let him accompany me on stage.
I am nominating the following bloggers for this award:
1. Barefoot Baroness… Barefoot Baroness
3. Wendell…Wendell A. Brown
4. Carol…Carol B Sessums
5. Isadora .. Inside the Mind of Isadora
You’ve Been Tagged – Twice. by:-)
I know I am cheating a bit here but cannot keep up otherwise, I ask you to enjoy it anyway.
I have been tagged by Felix - http://felixrsv.wordpress.com/2012/03/20/kkak/
And from Laura; http://serendipityplus.wordpress.com/2012/04/06/tagged-again/
I am not sure I can do this but will give it a go. I hope that all people that get pulled in with me will also enjoy as much as I am ;( easily said..LOL..
The Rules, yes there are always Bloody rules and they are :……
1. You must post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3. Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them!
OK so shall we begin, oh yeah! we need eleven questions that Mr Felix has given us, I shall search and hopefully not find… Oh damn found them, so lets give it a try read on fellow bloggers…..
Felix’s eleven questions
1. What is your earliest memory of yourself?
Apart from being born it was playing cork pop gun in the attic of our house. It was Christmas and I thought I was the Lone Ranger firing corks at tin plate figures on a spindle. I was aged about 4
2. Who was your first “internet friend”?
Facebook would qualify but people were already friends so i would say it was while I got involved in this world of Blogging. Nowadays I like to think I have many Cyber friends But the first ones would probably be Carol B Sessums and Marcy of Orples fame.
3. Answer one of the following:
Which Fictional Character is closest to your idea of an ideal partner/spouse?
Which Fictional Character does your partner/spouse remind you of?
Little red riding hood, young at heart but strong in mind. Oh of course she is now a forty plus woman now..
4. Have you gotten into a physical fight (as a grown-up, not as a child! ) with anyone?
Never! a few slanging matches (Verbal), strong disagreements, a few insults but nothing more. I am a peaceful person. My dad, who was a fighter in his youth, used to say,’It takes more courage to back away”
5. What is the most unusual food/meal you’ve eaten?
Winkles, many years ago and never again since. In case you are not sure Winkles are small snail like creature from the water. My mum and dad used to eat them regularly.
6. Has a book or movie made you cry? If yes, which one?
I love fantasy books, both the book and film of ‘Watership Down’ was near the mark for me.
7. This is cliched, yet.. When was the last time you did something for the first time?
About this time last year I set up WordPress and posted. However it was about Christmas time that i really took the plunge. I have three sites now, Gerry’Space, Writing Hell and one less used is Gerry’s Jaunts (Blogger by Google)
8. In ‘Deal or No Deal’, if there are only two briefcases remaining, (one is yours), and the remaining amounts are $1 and $1,000,000; Would you strike a deal or take the risk? xD
No question strike a deal, better some than none. Not greedy me,
9. If you won the $1,000,000 in the previous question, who would be the first person you’d call and tell?
My lawyer..Joking….no one really because the person that I would let know first would be with me in the audience…My wife..
10. “How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you were?” This is a quote, a wonderful quote, by Satchel Paige. So, if you had no clue about your year of birth, how old would you think you are? Or quite simply, how old do you feel?
By looking at me before or after shaving and washing what hair I got?? Some days differ from one to another, younger today Egyptian tomorrow.
11. From the eleven questions you ask, pick one and answer! :
I would stay a male because I know what is expected… Question 1 of mine.
And the questions from Serendipity;-)
1. What is the first thing you notice about some one the first time you meet them?
2. What kind of music do you listen to and what is one of your favourite bands?
Blues and Blue grass, Eric Clapton.
3. Would you or have you ever bungee jumped?
No and no-way! Parachute out of a plane would love to.
4. What life lesson has personally impacted you most?
Remembering things my mother had said and realising how right she was.
5. If you could choose a certain age to stay forever, what age would it be?
’39′ it has always been a standing joke, plus it sounds good.
6. What is your favourite form of exercise?
Walking, mostly through the New Forest and mingling with the ponies.
7. What would your super-power be?
Probably the usual stuff. ‘power to heal and influence’
8. What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear-up?
Cannot remember any particular book or film, but the last time we, my family, exited Magic Kingdom, Disney for the last time knowing that we probably will not be returning. A little tear did show itself.
9. What story does your family always tell about you?
Nothing nowadays, but my mother always use to say ‘I was a very good boy’. Hee-hee! basically I do not know.
10. The best part of waking up is?
11. If you could interview anyone alive today, who would it be?
Terry Brooks, author of Shanara series of Novel. or Eric Clapton, guitarist and musician. Both my favourite s in their respective fields.
My Eleven questions are,,for yee who have been tagged..
1.Regardless of your gender. If you had a choice, would prefer to be a male or female.
2. Where is your favorite place to be, holiday or personal space?
3. Would you know how resuscitate /assist some one who collapsed or needed your help?
4. What is your Favorite film of all time and why?. Mine is Ben Hur, The Alamo.
5. When you mood is low, for what ever reason, what do you do if anything, to try and cheer yourself up?
6. I play a guitar and would love to play a tune with Eric Clapton. If you could/can a play an instrument, what is it or would it be and who would you like to play a tune with?
7. I love themes parks, but hate Roller-coasters. Is there anything you do not like at theme parks?
8. If you were offered a payment to blog on any subject, what topic would you choose?
9. Do television advertisements persuade you buy certain products above another?
10. I personally use a PC in preference to MAC, price is a vast difference here in UK. which do you use and prefer?
11. At last the last one. 10 x 5 -20 +45 x 2 = ??? Hee! hee! it is a question…..
My nominees are, so consider yourself tagged..
My eleven have been selected, if you are on the list, if you have time for a little fun with your answers please participate. No ill will shall be felt or held against any of you, but expect a knock on your Cyber door by the ‘Establishment’
Thank you for your time and patience….