Sunday 27th May 2012
If you want to join in then follow the link say hello to Jake and read his details, enjoy his amazing site as well. Once all this is done then post your own version to his challenges. All I will say is now ‘Enjoy’
And if you open my old front door and walk through, you will be utterly amazed at the sight that befalls your eyes. It is the picture below. Yes that is DURDLE DOOR, along from the village of Lulworth ion Dorset coast line.
If you look carefully with a little imagination you can see a Dragon or Giant Seahorse taking a long, very long drink.
A door is a movable structure used to open and close off an entrance, typically consisting of a panel that swings on hinges or that slides or rotates inside a space. But in this case the only thing moving is the Water flowing through ,and lots of it.
Gerry A/C 2012
Visit my other site http://cobbie69.wordpress.com/ ‘Writing Hell’
Saturday 26th May 2012.
Summer Haze -Barcelona
Summer Beach -Salou
Summer Sea Front – Salou
Summer Holiday -Hollywood Studios
Summer Disney – Magic Kingdom
I do not know the names of these flowers.
Three were photographed in Hotel grounds in Spain.
The other three on home soil.
Butterflies, well to me just butterflies, all very pretty
and photographed in Wild life Parks.
©Gerry A / C 2012
You’ve Been Tagged – Twice. by:-)
I know I am cheating a bit here but cannot keep up otherwise, I ask you to enjoy it anyway.
I have been tagged by Felix – http://felixrsv.wordpress.com/2012/03/20/kkak/
And from Laura; http://serendipityplus.wordpress.com/2012/04/06/tagged-again/
I am not sure I can do this but will give it a go. I hope that all people that get pulled in with me will also enjoy as much as I am ;( easily said..LOL..
The Rules, yes there are always Bloody rules and they are :……
1. You must post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3. Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them!
OK so shall we begin, oh yeah! we need eleven questions that Mr Felix has given us, I shall search and hopefully not find… Oh damn found them, so lets give it a try read on fellow bloggers…..
Felix’s eleven questions
1. What is your earliest memory of yourself?
Apart from being born it was playing cork pop gun in the attic of our house. It was Christmas and I thought I was the Lone Ranger firing corks at tin plate figures on a spindle. I was aged about 4
2. Who was your first “internet friend”?
Facebook would qualify but people were already friends so i would say it was while I got involved in this world of Blogging. Nowadays I like to think I have many Cyber friends But the first ones would probably be Carol B Sessums and Marcy of Orples fame.
3. Answer one of the following:
Which Fictional Character is closest to your idea of an ideal partner/spouse?
Which Fictional Character does your partner/spouse remind you of?
Little red riding hood, young at heart but strong in mind. Oh of course she is now a forty plus woman now..
4. Have you gotten into a physical fight (as a grown-up, not as a child! ) with anyone?
Never! a few slanging matches (Verbal), strong disagreements, a few insults but nothing more. I am a peaceful person. My dad, who was a fighter in his youth, used to say,’It takes more courage to back away”
5. What is the most unusual food/meal you’ve eaten?
Winkles, many years ago and never again since. In case you are not sure Winkles are small snail like creature from the water. My mum and dad used to eat them regularly.
6. Has a book or movie made you cry? If yes, which one?
I love fantasy books, both the book and film of ‘Watership Down’ was near the mark for me.
7. This is cliched, yet.. When was the last time you did something for the first time?
About this time last year I set up WordPress and posted. However it was about Christmas time that i really took the plunge. I have three sites now, Gerry’Space, Writing Hell and one less used is Gerry’s Jaunts (Blogger by Google)
8. In ‘Deal or No Deal’, if there are only two briefcases remaining, (one is yours), and the remaining amounts are $1 and $1,000,000; Would you strike a deal or take the risk? xD
No question strike a deal, better some than none. Not greedy me,
9. If you won the $1,000,000 in the previous question, who would be the first person you’d call and tell?😀
My lawyer..Joking….no one really because the person that I would let know first would be with me in the audience…My wife..
10. “How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you were?” This is a quote, a wonderful quote, by Satchel Paige. So, if you had no clue about your year of birth, how old would you think you are? Or quite simply, how old do you feel?
By looking at me before or after shaving and washing what hair I got?? Some days differ from one to another, younger today Egyptian tomorrow.
11. From the eleven questions you ask, pick one and answer! :
I would stay a male because I know what is expected… Question 1 of mine.
And the questions from Serendipity;-)
1. What is the first thing you notice about some one the first time you meet them?
2. What kind of music do you listen to and what is one of your favourite bands?
Blues and Blue grass, Eric Clapton.
3. Would you or have you ever bungee jumped?
No and no-way! Parachute out of a plane would love to.
4. What life lesson has personally impacted you most?
Remembering things my mother had said and realising how right she was.
5. If you could choose a certain age to stay forever, what age would it be?
’39’ it has always been a standing joke, plus it sounds good.
6. What is your favourite form of exercise?
Walking, mostly through the New Forest and mingling with the ponies.
7. What would your super-power be?
Probably the usual stuff. ‘power to heal and influence’
8. What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear-up?
Cannot remember any particular book or film, but the last time we, my family, exited Magic Kingdom, Disney for the last time knowing that we probably will not be returning. A little tear did show itself.
9. What story does your family always tell about you?
Nothing nowadays, but my mother always use to say ‘I was a very good boy’. Hee-hee! basically I do not know.
10. The best part of waking up is?
11. If you could interview anyone alive today, who would it be?
Terry Brooks, author of Shanara series of Novel. or Eric Clapton, guitarist and musician. Both my favourite s in their respective fields.
My Eleven questions are,,for yee who have been tagged..
1.Regardless of your gender. If you had a choice, would prefer to be a male or female.
2. Where is your favorite place to be, holiday or personal space?
3. Would you know how resuscitate /assist some one who collapsed or needed your help?
4. What is your Favorite film of all time and why?. Mine is Ben Hur, The Alamo.
5. When you mood is low, for what ever reason, what do you do if anything, to try and cheer yourself up?
6. I play a guitar and would love to play a tune with Eric Clapton. If you could/can a play an instrument, what is it or would it be and who would you like to play a tune with?
7. I love themes parks, but hate Roller-coasters. Is there anything you do not like at theme parks?
8. If you were offered a payment to blog on any subject, what topic would you choose?
9. Do television advertisements persuade you buy certain products above another?
10. I personally use a PC in preference to MAC, price is a vast difference here in UK. which do you use and prefer?
11. At last the last one. 10 x 5 -20 +45 x 2 = ??? Hee! hee! it is a question…..
My nominees are, so consider yourself tagged..
My eleven have been selected, if you are on the list, if you have time for a little fun with your answers please participate. No ill will shall be felt or held against any of you, but expect a knock on your Cyber door by the ‘Establishment’
Thank you for your time and patience….